Friday 30 July 2010

Shouting for Huey down the big white porcelain telephone

I am so sorry, dear reader, for my neglect. I know you have been waiting with bated breath (listerine will fix that) for a blog update. It is not that I don't love you, it's just in the absence of a laptop or camera (my Dad's broke, technology officially hates me) there has been little to blog about.

Until the other night....

I'm in Birmingham at Little Sister and Her Boyfriend's house. We decided to go out for dinner. I put on a beautiful dress with a leopard on it that I bought the day after I had a dream in which Little Sister turned into leopard and I had to feed her a mixture that was one third tinned tuna, one third cat food and one third cornflakes. The dress no longer fits. I cursed myself for eating too much over the holiday and vowed to steer clear of all rich foods.

Then I went out and had tomato and mozzarella salad.

Followed by lamb shank with potato rosti and roast vegetables.

With crème caramel for dessert.

And a selection of Italian cheeses to finish the meal off

A few hours later I was reviewing the menu with My New Best Friend:


I have spent the last couple of days on the sofa, avoiding food, and in close proximity to My New Best Friend, just in case. Little Sister was kind enough, and worried enough, to take the day off work to get medicine and watch Disney movies with me. Her Boyfriend has been equally good to me. It almost makes being sick worth it.

Also, I may be able to fit into my dress again.

2 comments:

  1. There's always the kimbap diet in Seoul! <3 Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch some Labyrinth, you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete