Friday 15 October 2010

A Provisional List

So you've heard of a 'bucket list', a list of things you want to do before you die? Well, I have no intention of dieing anytime soon. But I am leaving Korea early next year. And may not be coming back. And as much as Korea has provided me with great experiences and opportunities, I've found it a more and more frustrating place to live. I need something to curtail my foreigner fatigue, and sooth my ajoshi allergies. Hence my marvellous idea: The kimshi pot list. A list of things I want to do before I leave Korea. Things that celebrate this quirky country and it's culture.

Please read my provisional list. Can you think of anything to add it? If you live in Korea, would you like to join me for some of these activities? All suggestions and volunteers are welcome!
  1. Learn how to make kimchi.
  2. Wear a hanbok (the traditional garment of Korea).
  3. Go to a Korean style nightclub / cabaret.
  4. Wear a couples outfit with some one and cycle a tandem bike along the Han river.
  5. Get cupping done at a public bath house.
  6. Take part in a Korean tea ceremony.
  7. Get some crazy nail art.
  8. Learn to dance k-pop style.
  9. Meet Rain, my original reason for moving here.

2 comments:

  1. Am really surprised meeting Rain is so far down your list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am surprised Rain is so far up your list now! :-)

    ReplyDelete